Talking Music Tuesday-Foreign Sons

Finding new music is one of my very favorite things.  I'm always on the hunt digging through artists on Spotify, and I get sent a lot of 'watch my video!' requests on Instagram all the time.  Every once in a while, I click on a band's spotify list and I can't stop listening because their sound speaks to me.

Today I plugged into Foreign Sons, a band out of Las Vegas, a place where everyone is an entertainer and it's truly sink or swim, so to stand out you have to have something special.  The first thing that caught me about their sound is their passion.  You can feel it reach into your ears and stretch its musical tendrils throughout your whole body.

Everything I have read about them suggests they are an Indie band, but the hints of metal woven into their alternative sound sets them apart.  They have a reminiscent sound that takes me back to the early days of the Vans Warped Tour and Portland's Big Stink concerts.  I close my eyes and feel the memories of sun on my skin and the feeling of drums so heavy you can feel them in your chest.

Check them out on Spotify, Youtube, kick back, and enjoy.  As always, you can check out what I'm up to by following Radgirlroxx on Instagram.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The paths we choose

Just add water

Women of Faith Talk Back-The gift of telling stories